As we view it, coaching, counseling and mentoring are different words for basically the same activity. We have both done Coaching, Counseling and Mentoring – we will refer to this as Coaching – for many years in professional firms and for the last 10 years with our own company. We have served hundreds, even thousands of people, to create and then realize well-formed outcomes that are inspiring, motivating, and possible. To achieve the clients results we always start by helping our clients clearly define what their outcomes are.
The most compelling reason for having a coach is that people are unwilling to wait to get what they want. Self-help is a distant second to coaching, Who has the patience and capacity to work on themselves, all by themselves?
- Coaching is distinct from consulting, therapy, and friendship. The coach/client relationship is a designed alliance, focusing on maximizing opportunities, not just on solving problems.
- People hire a coach because they want MORE of something (money, time, happiness, success, and freedom) or LESS of something (frustration, delays, missing opportunities, etc.)
- As a coach we work with clients on life, personal and business/career goals. A therapist works on issues. There’s a big difference.
- Coaching works because of the synergy resulting from a professional partnership.
Why Utilize Coaching?
- Studies show that coaching, added to education/instruction significantly improves performance. Just by adding coaching you almost double the performance.
- Assistance is about giving you the opportunity to come up with your own insights and solutions. Coaching is not about giving advice.
- Coaching supports, challenges, and holds the client accountable to make consistent (often dramatic) progress towards their outcomes.
- Coaching is a designed alliance, focusing on maximizing opportunities, not just on solving problems.
- Coaching is used by people because they want MORE of something (money, time, happiness, success, and freedom) or LESS of something (frustration, delays, missed opportunities, etc.).
As we view it, effective coaching and consulting means assisting our clients to create and then realize well-formed outcomes that are inspiring, motivating, and possible.
Change is a part of life in general. Today, change is impacting every area of our lives, and the change is accelerating. In our dynamic modern times change is inevitable. What is your approach to change? There are four choices – Which do you normally choose?
- Resist change,
- Be passive and just watch it happen,
- React to the changes being imposed upon you, or
- Proactively initiate changes that will shape and create your desired future.
Everyone experiences change. Have you noticed that the change that is imposed on you is the most stressful and difficult to cope with? As you encounter change, “the difference that will make the difference,” will be the choices and decisions you make regarding change itself:
- How will you convert the changes and challenges you face today into opportunities? How will you be more aware of the critical and important
- decision points in your life and business?
- How will you shift from being at the “effect of change” to “being the cause of change”? How will you develop and generate improved alternatives and choices? How will you then take the required actions?
- How will you adapt new and improved thinking that will initiating “New Causes?
Albert Einstein said:
“The thinking that created the problem can never be the thinking that solves the problem.”
To obtain our coaching assistance and support – just call or email us to discuss your special needs. After we talk with you, if we feel we can be of value and help, we will collaboratively develop a plan. Upon your acceptance we will send you an invoice from PayPal for easy on-line payment.